Thursday 18 April 2013

Creating the Front Cover

To start with I needed to add an image to act almost as a background and the way in which I did this was to "place" and image. This is done by going to file, then place and then finding an image from your files.



I then had to alter the size of the image so that it filled the whole of the page, and this is done by going to image, transform and then scale.
 

This is the pop up box that will come up where you alter the size. I often ticked preview to see if I was making the image the right size before coming out of this tool.

I then changed the image to high quality so I could be sure that it was of the best quality possible.

I then added in some text, and this is done by selecting the text tool and then dragging it out to the correct size according to my designs.
 
I then created thirds in a separate layer so that I could be sure that I was following the design rule.

I then selected a font which I would use throughout the rest of my magazine.

Here I changed the size of the font so that it was appropriate and could be easily seen.  

I then changed the properties of some of the words by highlighting them and then altering them using the box on the right hand side of the image.

 

I then inserted a line underneath the name of the article so that the reader could easily tell them apart once more are put on the page.
I then created a circle to go just under the beat.

I then changed the colour of the circle and added text to it. This would then make the text inside it stand out more.

 As my design sees that my models head slightly overlaps the logo I had to add in another image on top of the beat so that the model's head was left untouched by this. Therefore once I had got the top of her head cut out in PhotoShop, I imported it into In Design and then positioned it directly on top of the original image. However I had a white box around it so I had to go to its clipping path and alter the properties.

This is the first stage in removing the white background.

And then this is the final stage in removing the white background.


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment